Monday, May 25, 2009

Service Days

Most days lately are filled with service. Dani and I have been trying to wake up early to do streetwork in the mornings. I guess it's actually beach work. We ride our bikes to the hall and then hit the beach for 8. I got a study started this week and made a return visit on a guy I met on the beach. There are people who work for the town here that rake the beaches in the mornings so these are our main listeners besides locals who walk the beach to work. The only problem with working the beach is seeing the pretty water... there's only one thing I'd rather do more than ... just kidding, fisher's of men first, fisher's of fish is after 12PM. Today while Dani studied with the daughter and then the mom at this one house, I studied with the two young boys. One is studying in the "Learn from the Great Teacher Book" and the other doesn't read too good yet so we're doing the "Learn to Read and Write" booklet. He's a little more all over the place but he's learning to sound out words and making good progress despite this being only our second study. I actually had the study with these two kids and then 3 of there young friends from across the street came over to sit in. So everyone was able to answer and now the other three kids want there own "Learn from the Great Teacher" books. I finished with the boys and Dani was still studying so I took a friend of ours who's visiting right now to a study I have a few house's down the block. I just met her 3 weeks ago...since my initial visit, I've called back three times and we are half way through chapter 1 in the Bible Teach book. She really appreciates the study and gets excited to see all these new points as she looks them up in her own bible. I'm going to try to get a study started with her husband too but he works 7 days a week from 7AM til 6PM so I'll have to come at night to study with him. Maybe I'll go tomorrow. After these studies Dani and I made a call on a girl whom I've called back on twice since the initial visit with the C.O. I tried her a few times but she wasn't home. Well I caught her today and sh said she was waiting for me to come back. She tells me she's almost done with Chapter 2 of the Bible Teach book. She had some great questions on the initial visit so I'm really looking forward to studying the bible with her since she is wanting answers. After this it was on our way home. I happened to see an old call passing near the house. He talked to one of the Spanish brothers and he said this guy came to him and gave him his number so that I can call him to study with him because he wants to study. So next Sunday I'll be there. Well, not next Sunday but the one after. Since Caye Caulker lost there only elder, our brothers are supporting the hall there now. So we had to move their meetings to Saturday PM and Sunday AM, Sundays time didn't change. This allows us to have two brothers go over, do their CBS/TMS/SM on Saturday night, spend the night and then do their WT study on Sunday morning. So this Saturday is my day. I have to conduct book study, have two parts on the SM, and read the WT Sunday morning. Looks like I'll be sleeping on some chairs in the hall. They have fans so it won't be bad. So for those of you reading this wondering how life is here or if you can help or how you can help a congregation, Caye Caulker definitely could use an elder or two. Our brother's will do what we can, but a steady stable body there would benefit them so much. So come on down...!!!

I went kayaking/spearfishing today...Didn't put any kill shots on anything but got some nice shots in. I don't shoot anything small, first, it's just too much work for too little meat, second, I like to let them get nice and plump. I shot what must have been a 15-20 lbs. horse eye jack but he took off and jumped out the water. When he jumped the spear came out and he was gone. The tip I use will come out if it doesn't kill the fish. This is good since it doesn't kill any fish.

I guess that's it for now...

No comments: