Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long Week

It's been a long week. The temperature here is getting really hot so by the time you get in from service you're pretty much soaked and ready for either shower number two of the day or a jump in the ocean. I'm taking like 4 or 5 showers a day right now if that helps you see how hot it is getting. May is suppose to be the hottest month with June, July, and August closely behind. Hopefully by September we'll start the rainy season and things will begin to cool. Belize gets most of it's power from Mexico but there was a blackout that damaged some power equipment in Mexico so Mexico cut us off for the next four months. So right now the island is running on power from Belize and then big generators here on the island. I think there are 3 big semi trailer size generators here on the island. So the power goes out twice a day or more for at least 15 minutes while they swap power sources.

So this week was service in the mornings and then other things in the afternoon. I had to go over to Caye Caulker this morning to conduct the WT study. Now that Dan is gone we don't have any brothers there so our servant body is their's. So two weeks ago I went over to give the public talk there, last week I had it here, and today I went for the WT. It's always nice to go over and help out so it's always enjoyable. I'd do it more if I could. I have the time and energy to donate, it's the cash that isn't there so I do what I can. It's $30 round trip on the boat, $15US. It adds up quick, especially when you're living off of savings, savings that are low. I'm still waiting to hear about my work permit. If it doesn't come through then I'll be back state side pretty soon. I don't want to leave but when savings run out, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

I hope all is well back home with everyone. I guess that's it for now.

Dan Houghton is back state side. He's recovering slowly but surely. I was on the computer the other day and guess who chat's me...Dan "The Man" Houghton. So he is feeling better each day. The docs in the States said that the docs here in Belize did a great job with the surgery, so that's good to know.

I'm going to bed. If any of you know anyone coming down to Belize or Mexico Yucatan, maybe on a cruise or something, let me know. I have a amp sitting in the States that has been donated for our Hall here so I'm trying to find a way to get it down here.

Til Next Time

No comments: