Sunday, May 3, 2009

Donation Information For Dan Houghton's Medical Expenses

***Address updated*** Please any donations to the address posted below. Any donations already sent will reach them but the address posted below is better for them. Thanks

After sending the email at the bottom of this post (see email below), so many of you have been quick to respond with the following questions:

1. What happened?
2. Is he ok?
3. How do we get money to them?

So I'm putting this here so you all can access it.

1. & 2. What happened? Is he ok?
Dan was on his way to send an email at his normal wifi spot last night. On his way out near him and Dolly's place, one or more individuals attacked Dan. We are not sure of the exact details as he suffered memory loss from a concussion he received in the assault. Besides a black eye and some bruising and scratches I was told he appeared to be visually not too bad. The more noticeable symptoms was him being delirious and the memory loss. He made it back home where a doctor checked him out. He was kept awake during the night due to the concussion and vomiting. MRI results prompted the doctors to say surgery was needed ASAP. Around 10:30AM they performed brain surgery to stop the bleeding and relieve the pressure. I am glad to say that at 5:50PM I received a phone call and the surgery was a success. They were able to stop the major bleeding and relieve the pressure that was building. There is still some bleeding so a 2nd MRI tomorrow will tell us more. They are going to put Dan into a medically induced coma for 2 days until the swelling goes down. The doctors are expecting a full recovery but we will know more in the days to come.

3. How do we get money to them?
This is probably the most repetitive emailed question I'm receiving from everyone. I must say, Jehovah's organization is amazing. So many of you are wanting to help. It really does show the love amongst the brothers.

As you know, the surgery is complete, but the cost, although being cheaper than brain surgery in the States, is still very expensive. I know we won't cover the complete cost but anything you've already sent and others will send will help. The best way to get money to the Houghton's is going to be by sending a check to their residence in the States. They will be home soon and someone there is already checking their mail so it's safe to send checks. As always, it is never recommended to send cash in the mail. So for all of you that want to help, please send a check to:

Dan and Dolly Houghton
155 Griffin Springs Rd.
Campbellsville, KY 42718

I'm sure they will know it's for Dan's medical expenses but a small note or card wouldn't hurt.

If you have any other questions you can either comment them to me here via the blog, or email me at bjvista@gmail.com, or call me at 011-501-626-6362...that's my cell here and I am available 24/7.

I will update this blog as I hear more news tomorrow from the city. Danielle is staying there in the city tonight with Dolly. They are staying in the circuit overseer's apartment and have the brother's there also.

Again, please keep our brother in your prayers and pass this on to any you think may be able to help. Thank you so so so much for the response that you've already given.

Thanks

Barry

---------------------------------
Here's the original a lot of you received this afternoon:

Hey Everyone,

I just picked all the witnesses out of my address book that I knew of. This is Barry "BJ" Vista. I'll keep this short and sweet. A good friend of me and Dani, a brother on the island next to us in Caye Caulker was robbed and beaten shortly after 10pm last night. Danielle and some friends from our hall and the HLC is there as well as some other local brothers and sisters. He and his wife are need greaters from the States and have played a huge part in the progress and spiritual growth of the Caye Caulker English Congregation. This was going to be their last week here in Belize before they headed back to the States for 6 months and some quickbuilds. He is having brain surgery as I write this. I am asking three things, One, that you keep this brother and his wife in your prayers. Two, that you keep the Caye Caulker congregation in your prayers as these 13 publishers can definitely use the prayers. Three, The surgery is very expensive. If you would like to help the family out with a donation please contact me at bjvista@gmail.com or call me at 011-501-626-6362 and we will make arrangements for any donations to reach the family to help cover cost. Any amount will help and I know they will appreciate it. Send this to anyone you think may be able to help.

Thanks

B

No comments: