Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally Blogging...

I figured that I mind as well start up a blog. I havebjvista.com but it's been 2+ years since I've updated it. But as of now, I'm learning CS4 so expect a kick butt site in the next couple of months. Anyway, life here is happy as usual. We only have 35 pubs in the congregation but had 151 at the memorial. Our sister island on Caye Caulker had 82 in attendance with a congregation of only 12. They figured it out that 1 in 8 people on the island were at the memorial. Crazy man...just crazy.

It's the windy months here so needless to say we haven't done much fishing lately. I'll be sure to post some pics when we finally get back out there. Some friends of ours from upstairs found a dead jaguar today. Turns out it was scratching on an electrical post and must have scratch into the copper and got electrocuted and it killed it. OUCH!

We had a friend over from Caye Caulker over last night. He gave the talk at our hall Sunday and had to stay over here to get his passport done today. Dani and I are going to be in PG (Punta Gorda) for the next couple of days. It's in the south of the country. A brother there needs some help laying some tile and a few other things so I'm heading over to help him. It's just a favor since I'm not legally allowed to work here yet. I'm trying to get my work permit but it's a run around so far.

So, we're living off savings as usual but also as usual, all is well. Jehovah always provides and we've seen it proven plenty of times. Well that's it for now. I'll try to catch everyone up as I go. I can't update you in one post...that would take pages.

I am attaching a few pics though...

 Dani with a boa...

     




Here's Dani at the Zoo. She actually got into a smaller cage that is inside the jaguars cage. Then the let the jaguar out and he gets on top of the small cage you are in...And you can feed him...Yes that's a chicken foot...







Fruit Loops...hey it's Toucan Sam...






 





This is classic...Lil Gabe got his head caught between the concrete ballisters on the balcony at Rob's house. We have a few pics but this one is about 3 seconds after he realizes he is officially stuck...We got him out before we had to break out a jack hammer....




1 comment:

Tees said...

I Love your "Blog"
I miss you both so much!
Keep us updated, for those of us with no lives it gives us something to dream with!