Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Before I Forget

A few other things. This week we have Ozzie and his wife (the circuit overseer) visiting our congregation. We had them over for lunch yesterday and he was telling us about swine flu and Mexico. He says that in Mexico City, in Puebla, and also the State of Mexico, and one other place that they are not allowed to have meetings or preach publicly (door to door) due to the flu going around. So the friends there have to do telephone witnessing, letter writing, or informal witnessing. In addition to family study they have been instructed to still have their weekly meetings but as a family. I guess this swine flu is getting pretty serious. Someone just messaged me and said we have it hear on the island too, but I haven't confirmed that. Mexico is nearby so it wouldn't surprise me. So keep our brothers and sisters in Mexico in your prayers. Today we had the pioneer meeting so that was nice and encouraging. Dani and I were there with Ozzie and his wife since Rob couldn't make it due to Beth's surgery.

Off to bed...

No comments: