Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Long Week

I can't believe it's almost been a week. Time flies when you're busy. This past weekend I was over in Caye Caulker. Since the Houghton's are back in the States they have no elders there now so our body handle's that congregation also. So two brother's from our hall go over there on the weekends. One brother in our hall goes every Sunday to do the WT and TMS. The second brother is rotated among the brother's in our hall. This past weekend it was my turn to head over there. So I had to conduct the CBS and had two parts on the Service Meeting for that Saturday night. Then Sunday morning I had the privilege to conduct the WT since we had no speaker so the other brother gave the public talk instead of the WT. Then it was back to our island on the afternoon boat and then our meeting Sunday night. It was a long weekend and tiring but it's so nice to be able to have the privilege to help out in Caye Caulker. It's a small island with a small congregation but they are doing good and it's always nice to be there.

As for field service, we've both been very busy. It's so nice to have people that actually listen and appreciate things. I mean Dani has 13+ studies right now. I accompanied her on a study yesterday where she studies with these five little girls. They are so cute and they take turns reading paragraphs in the bible story book. There are two that can't read yet so the older ones that can read will read a word and the younger girls repeat it all the way through the paragraph. It is so cute. Dani's a great teacher. I went on another one with her yesterday too where she is teaching a lady the bible and at the same time teaching her to write and read. It's so nice to see people appreciate what they are learning. I had a study the other day also with these four little boys. One studies from the "Learn to Read and Write" brochure while the others go over the bible story book. It's a job trying to keep them focused but they do well.

Besides meetings and service not a whole lot has been going on... Dani's bike broke the chain yesterday so I had to repair that. I oiled up the bikes today and cleaned them a bit. I need a few parts for mine but it's holding together pretty well. Just need a gear cable and a few spokes but it gets me around. We have a new friend at our hall too... Someone crashed a golf cart into the fence so now this dog climbs in through this hole in the fence. He's found a new shade tree as you can see here...













Oh yeah....there is a big sink hole north of us from the earthquake. Dani and I jogged up there yesterday. It's about a 15 minute run from our house up to where it's at. It is so cool. It's about 30 feet in diameter and we're not sure how deep yet. People have said it's at least 30 feet but I think they are going to cave dive it with SCUBA to see where it goes. There are cave syst
ems all under this island. We actually spear fish a few caves openings around here...they are more like cracks in the earth but they lead to caves. This picture doesn't really do it justice but it's about 6 or 7 feet from the grass down to the surface of the water. It's pretty cool to see.








I think that's about it for now though. Nothing too crazy going on. The weather has been windy so no great fishing days. My fishing buddy has some family coming for a visit in a week or two so I'll have a few good fishing days while they are here. I should have some pics of nice fish soon. Lobster season opens on the 15th so I'll have pics of lobster at least...well I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you will get this e-mail. My wife and I would like to come to Belize in February 2010. Are you on the main land or on an island. I've been to ambergris Caye 10 years ago with my son. We would like to come back. go to some meetings and get out in service. Would you mind e-mailing me back at jvaughn216@frontier.com.